Friday, March 21, 2008

Arrow keys > four buttons?

Arrow keys have become much more than four buttons. Combining acceleration, deceleration, rotations, achieving 'static' position, angle movements, and a zillion other things have added to the confusion of the four buttons known as "the arrow keys." Of course, this poses the question: what exactly do I want the keys to do? Is acceleration the best thing for a person walking on the ground? For a car? Is the deceleration the same for a rolling ball and a car? Perhaps it's time for the sketchbook again...! This time I'm much more informed about how detailed I can make things while not even working on the computer. That way if I have a goal in mind, I can program exactly that goal and not get distracted. I've noticed this urge in myself to see if I can do something even if it doesn't help me achieve the goal at hand. This is actually pretty stupid because if I spend too much time figuring out a zillion ways to use arrow keys, I'll never have anything to show other than a zillion arrow key programs... or one, if I keep changing the same thing! Conclusion: SKETCHBOOK.

No comments: