Friday, January 25, 2008

Configurationsering

So as of now:

At school I have a login on a computer as Indy which is configured with Dev C++ and Firefox (tabbed for cprogramming.com and blogger.com perhaps?)

At home I'm configured for everything I do....

I have my intermediary flash drive with my programs on it. If this dies, all is not lost, for I have multiple copies on my home computer.

TODO: I've drawn up this concept in my mind. I'd like to be designing a "game engine" as such that when it is run, the code accesses ASCII files. If these files are then modified, the game can be easily edited without having to read pages of code, sí? Sí.

As of now, the program has all the text embedded in the code. Trying to edit this is like trying to edit a document that has been typed in notepad with returns for the end of the page. It's hard, to say the least.

Future goal: break away from this stupid little command window thingy :]

1 comment:

Ethan Lawrence said...

It's 2008, we don't need something that looks like MS-DOS :P